Unity 3d, the more I play with this software, the more I love it. And today, I have really more reasons to.
I was visiting the Unity forums, reading stuff here and there, when I found a topic about Unite 2013, describing the arrival of a new 2D workflow integrated into the upcoming Unity 4.3 version, and… Oh my… I yelled all over the house in an extreme pulse of joy.
See for yourself :
In summary :
– full integrated support for sprites,
– support for multiple sprites from the same image
– support for layering the sprites with filter selection
– direct use of sprite’s textures with a single material by the new SpriteRenderer
– new animation system with really recall me the animation workflow from Adobe After Effect
This new 2D workflow will avoid me to think for a solid custom rendering system or to spend money in an existing 2D workflow from the Asset Store.
In two words : F*** Yeah!
Thank you Unity3d.